Monday 19 February 2018

Walk away.

Walk away,
Walk away if you need to,
From the green grassy earth to the barren one.
From the home you’ve built to the one you only dreamed about .
From the sun to the moon.
Walk away if you have to.
But don’t walk upon me,
I’m not your trek road nor your trademark.
I’m not you or the one you wanted me to be.
I do not need you any longer or your validation.
You’ve used up all my grace and now you’ve got nothing on me.
Nothing chaining me to you.

I’m not your trophy nor your disposal.
My hair is not your clutch purse,
My hands no longer yours to grab.
My face never your punching bag again.
You are not my sanctum,
The ring no longer my circle.
I won’t run from you or for you.
I’ll fight, I’ll scream,I’ll raise my hand, my voice.
You’ll see the demon in my eyes,
I’m never letting it die again.
I’ll make my ground , throw away your drawers
The memories or pain won’t keep me awake.
I’ll sleep in my bed, not being afraid of shadows.

My skin will be happy, it will never be blue again.
My bedroom floor will be empty,
Not your clothes or my shattered body will lie there again.
You won’t come back.
Even if you do, you won’t see me.
There will no longer be broken mirrors,
No more torn clothes.
I’ll walk away, away from the love which wasn’t love.
I’ll walk away.
I’ll leave for a better chance.
I’ll stay alive and safe, far away in a home I wanted.
Your empty promises will be in my past.
A past I’ll never let another have.

We can walk away.
Away from the trash and torture.
We won’t run for a second,
We’ll fight every biased mind and fight every blame.
We’ll stay strong and we’ll stay safe.
Because I did, so you can do the same.
For our daughters and mothers and sisters,
For the ones who never had the chance to say a word.
Without being framed.

Let’s walk away with every broken piece and left over dignity .
With hopes that still beat feverishly.
You and me, we can fight to walk away,
We no longer have to stay. 

4 comments:

  1. People need to walk away from each other sometimes, liberate themselves from oppressive loves and hates and possessiveness... You continue to enchant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's life in it's flaws and perfection. Thank you sir.

    ReplyDelete