Monday 16 December 2019

Sugar nights.

It's sweet, you are worried when I leave home,
It's 8 at night, it's colder in your bones.
You think you'll find my SOS soon.
It's genuine, your love your care.
It's hard to see me walk out, you stay put.
Our world has gone stir crazy,
Girls stay home scared, boys walk as our shelter.
And they are scared too.
I raise my voice, you pray I'm not noticed.
You want me alive.
It's sweet like sugar, but dark as the ocean near its bed.
You don't want me on papers.
You don't want me below six feet.


Clouds, stars, you count seconds like minutes.
Are you hurt or scared?
I'm almost home, you're almost alive.
It's funny how our world keeps us beating down every emotion.
Will you love me most?
I miss watching sunstes by the mountain.
I miss walking out for a fresh breeze when the times get rough.
For all those birds i don't see anymore,
I dont want walls, i want picket fences.

But who am i to ask for anything?
My freedoms been reduced to criterias on a paper.
I wonder when I'll be able to see my family, or my friend her's.
Whether she prays for their long life or life atleast.
It's scary as the nights, bittersweet dreams.
My world is no longer mine.
I'll find a new home,
What about the other million then?
I miss the suagr nights. 

No comments:

Post a Comment