Tuesday 29 June 2021

Hiraeth.

I remember saying 'I love you',
always the first to say.
Even when angry. Now I wonder where the love has gone.
He keeps score,
that's how it feels. Information for information.
So all the nights spent worrying his heart is still warm,
makes me cold. 
[Cripple me] with love and with embrace.
Like a never-ending tale,
glass cut and paper hearts.
I want to hear you say 'I love you'
even if you don't mean it.
Say it before I do.
I want to know everything. Not when your purpose is served.
Battling demons in my rib cage,
so you wouldn't have to.
This should not be a losing game,
I am slipping through your bliss
[falling] breaking crashing through space and time 
over and over again.
I've taken the love with the hurt.
I know I've been loved more.
That that kind of love exists within you.
How does it feel to be left in the dark
and thrown into the light with every fleeting memory?
With every promise as easy as breathing.
I remember five years ago, the love you promised me.
The woman I've come to be.
Love that has learned to grow.
Roots that gave me wings.

When will the comfort be more than discomfort for us?
How long before I stay and see no love in your eyes?
I want to know when the light is more than darkness,
will I still be the one you'll want?
Love is not meant to be easy.
But it is also not meant to be weighed, or stripped with convenience.
I'm in love with flowers that wither,
as fragile as love can be,
as real as it should be. Can you promise me that?
Promise that there won't be scores
or conveniences that hide what needs to be known.
I want there to be love that's worth the pain and struggle,
till I wither away and my memories are poems 
in our wrinkled skin.
Promise me you won't make me homesick for a home in our memories alone.
That our home will be worth every fight.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment