Thursday 29 December 2016

embers of life.

your pictures lay around my floor,
your voice breaks through my silence,
making me run towards the places we used to roam.
and i came home to find an empty room filled with memories from those days,
your side of the bed was messed up, your shoes by the door.
so i waited by the window,
as it rained it seemed to synchronise with my breath.

i walked home knowing she is already there,
and i was sure she was in another fight.
she wont know my arrival until my hands touch hers.
she seem so lost these days,
or are these just my thoughts clouding my reasons.
as i reach the door i remember who was staying inside,
the one who stayed through the storm by me.
the one who knew how to smile through the darkness.

as i turn i remember my purpose.
that this time i can fall and still feel strong.
maybe i am young, maybe i have grown tonight.
we chose to leave it all behind when we could have gone our separate ways.
so i told myself, when the skies get rough
the ones who stay below it, gazing up, are the ones who makes an effort.
the ones who read with the emotions that confuses them.

so here we are, where we were but it's different tonight.
we seem to be awake and this feels like another dream.
so we take a deep breath and we see our mist fade.
so tonight lets burn and collapse in the morning.
we can be the smoke from the fags tomorrow.

here we remain, like never before.
out of our mistakes and out of those days.
making the memories we need to look back at.
so if we need to leave we can leave and meet back in these memories,
like corners of the world that cannot be found in any map,
you and i, the stars we wished for.

No comments:

Post a Comment