Sunday 1 January 2017

Ruins of another dream

Promises are mere words out in the air,
and dreams are like no other mysteries that keep us wanting.
So sugar coating your lies won't help you tonight,
I'm leaving before you wake up tomorrow.
Clear skies or not I'll hold an umbrella,
Twist and turn the ring you gave me in my fingers.
Walk home humming to myself the lullaby from my childhood.
Hoping it all to turn into ashes and hide beneath my soul.
For I need to leave here and wake up some place new.
I don't mind it being your heart,
As long as I don't have to be running from what's within those eyes,
I've had another drink to suffice my fires.

So when we are wearing down and seeing stars instead of ceilings,
Maybe you can tell me another tale to ponder upon,
To wonder what it is like to have a tear roll down my cheeks .
Yet to not know what's beating me up inside.
Closure is what you seek,
I want the essence of you to know that I can trust you.
To know what's behind those walls you so call as guards.
You have only had one thing keep you up and that's your fear.
So tonight let me wander through your maze.
If I come to you at the end of it,
Will you make me stay?

No comments:

Post a Comment